Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Recent Posting

No. I have not actually gone away. I have been posting on the Better Bibles Blog. I have recently posted twice about 1 Tim. 2:15, here and here. I am also doing some offblog writing about one of my students. I had wanted to write about myself for a while here to develop a writing style so that I could write about some of the children that I work with better. It is paying off. I am sorry I cannot post my other writing now.

You would never guess from the fierceness of my 'Not saved by childbearing posts' that I am totally surrounded by children at school and at home every day. I visited a blog today that took me back some 15 years to the days when my own little guy played with Thomas the Tank Engine. Oh my goodness!

You never see me here on the blog playing with railroad track, and model planes, and dollsclothes, and my beloved dollshouse, with all the little sylvan critters with their little handknit sweaters and hats. Maybe next Christmas!

If there is any woman who loves the domestic domain it is me. But all the things I love are just that, my affections, and my affectations - they will not save me.

3 comments:

HopiQ said...

:)

Thank you for answering my question about I Timothy 2:15. I was working on it again today.

Your post brought this verse to mind..."Set your affections on things above..."

Thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne! I'm so glad you're not gone. I've only started reading this blog recently, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Your passion, eloquence and scholarship are inspiring.

I've also heard that verse translated as "preserved." But I think the reason "saved" is more common is that it doesn't make people giggle because they think of pickles or jam.

The integrity of those doing the translating might have something to do with it, too...

Peter Kirk said...

But doesn't "saved" make people giggle because they think of savings banks? It certainly does here in England, especially when used in a general active sense like "Jesus saves!"