Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Scroll

I was delighted today to find the new blog of Christians for Biblical Equality, called The Scroll. From reading the profile section of this blog I have found the blogs of Brandon Withrow, Mindy Withrow, Craighton, Disert Paths, Hugo Schwyzer, and many others. If you would like to read some funny, upbeat egalitarian blogs, then check these out. Here is an example from Ron Smith, called "Susanna Wesley not a complementarian".

    My pastor travelled throughout England visiting the significant John Wesley sites. While in Epworth, he learned that Susanna Wesley used to sit young John and Charles down after church during their youth. She would commence to correct all doctrinal strangeness heard in that day’s sermon. Susanna Wesley not a complementarian.
This really rang a bell with me because my mother used to read and talk about all the Wesleys quite a bit. It seems that Susanna Wesley, like my mother, did a little more than simply respond to the theology taught by the men.

I remember my mother regularly, at the Sunday dinner table, analysing and evaluating the Bible teaching heard earlier that morning.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

thanks for the head's up - i've been reading hugo for a while, but haven't heard of the others - great stuff!

Suzanne McCarthy said...

Hi Bobbie,

I had a peak at your blog. You have some great links. Especially the Lego Bible. Yikes. I had a good laugh at that.

Suzanne McCarthy said...

I admit some of these blogs are not funny, I slipped up there - they are heavy hitting and serious, but that is important too.