Thursday, July 02, 2009

Response to Grudem's Open Letter to Egalitarians

A few years back, CBMW posted an Open Letter to Egalitarians by Wayne Grudem. Linda Belleville responded to Grudem and he responded and revised it.

Later, Mike Seaver posted Grudem's letter, and that was when I asked him if he would be interested in a response from me. He was very gracious in interacting with me on this issue. Thank you, Mike.

Here are the two posts I wrote in response to Grudem's Open Letter to Egalitarians.

Part 1
Part 2

4 comments:

Cheryl Schatz said...

Thanks for posting the links. May I also post your response to Grudem on my blog at http://www.strivetoenter.com/wim ?

Suzanne McCarthy said...

I need a day or two to edit something in the first part. Its minor but doesn't sound cohesive. I'll look at it tonight.

Cheryl Schatz said...

Great, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Its a shame you have to twist the bible, and judge Gods word because it offends your cultural perceptions that don't match with what the bible requires. You can argue til judgment day, say "ahh its a mistranslation" when ever you come to something that doesnt fit with what you think, or "you have to understand the context", "but in the greek". It shocking how apparently God hasnt protected his word for 2000 years, and only now sought to put it right eh? but lets face it, deep down you know you are wrong, and even a child could tell you that.