Friday, March 17, 2006

Abecedaria

I have gone back to my writing systems blog, Abecedaria. I stopped posting on Abecedaria around Christmas time because I had acquired a worm of some kind that prevented access to secure sites, email, downloads, connecting with the scanner and so on. Eventually the worm shut down our internet connection for the entire house.

I was finally able to reinstall the OS and reset everything else. In the meantime I began posting on the BBB, where I didn't need downloads, and here. Blah, blah, blah.

I will continue blogging here and simply write down whatever comes to mind. This is not really a focused blog, but a whimsical blog. I don't feel to constrained by it, even though I have seen it in a feed somewhere as writing about books relating to Biblical studies. I think I can come up with a few more of those. Forgive me for the rest or dump me out.

On Abecedaria I have recently written about Hebrew Searches, where I also mention the Hebrew online keyboard with vowels, no software, free, etc. and the Left-to-Right Marker and a few other things. In looking back one of my favourite finds is this little item. I am sure that someone will want to recommend it to their first year Hebrew students. Other languages are here. Klasse, nicht wahr? If you do not know the answer, then click on 'Keine Ahnung' which means 'no idea' and the answer will display. 'Hilfsubersicht' will call up help.

No comments: