Saturday, June 27, 2009

For John Starke: Denny Burk vs Scot McKnight

Some time ago in my dialogue with John Starke, I mentioned that I was not the only one who had the distinct impression that Augustine did not teach the eternal subordination of Christ. In the comment section to this post, is a conversation between Denny Burk and Scot McKnight, debating that very thing.

This is the same question which I asked John Starke a while back and he says that he might be working on it this summer. John had earlier opened the dialogue with me by making this post, in which he challenges my understanding of Augustine's Latin text.

I am looking forward to John's next post on this topic. In the meantime, I am happy to have found this conversation which I promised to alert him to some time ago.

No comments: