Friday, December 30, 2005

Name Change

I have changed the name of this blog since Powerscourt is an important golfing and tourist destination in Ireland and I regret having used a name that was in use before. I have kept the URL since I am not sure that it would be a good idea to change it now. I see no reason for people to change their bookmarks for this site since I have explained the name Powerscourt in my subtitle.

Bookshelves are an important part of my existance and the one piece of furniture that I inherited from my mother is her personal bookshelf. It has a prominent position in our living room. I also inherited many of her books which include a collection on Arctic Exploration. From my grandmother and her sisters I have a collection of Geroge Elliot novels and a Greek dictionary and Greek Interlinear New Testament.

In fact, I really want to keep this site as a place for personal notes and unfinished ideas, since I participate in the Better Bibles Blog and my own research blog is Abecedaria. See sidebar.

2 comments:

Talmida said...

I think it's also the name of a Waterford crystal pattern.

;-D

Suzanne McCarthy said...

I wish I had your way with words Talmida.