Monday, December 26, 2005

New Bible Resources

I have been challenged to look at different traditions in Bible translation. Many translations are available throught the Better Bibles Blog and Lesser of Two Weevils but there are a few that I have been adding here under Resources in the sidebar. First, The Source Online, next the Tyndale Bible, and then the Darby Bible in French.

I once used the Darby French translation for a Bible study at university in Toronto. I remember being quite surprised that the French student who lead the study had chosen it. He explained his choice by saying that it was 'plus intellectuelle.'

As a child in the 1960's I visited a Darbyiste Assembly in Switzerland with my parents, since that was their heritage. The men sat on one side of the room and the women on the other. I wonder what it is like today.

No comments: