Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feminine language for God

Bloggers in this conversation are Damian, Kurk, Rachel, Joel, Doug, and Tim. I regret not having time to link to specific posts, but I have very much appreciated the dialogue. Forgive me, if a momentary mental block has caused me to forget someone. Please comment. I like conversations like this, where no one is obliged to declare a position on women in the church, blah, blah, blah.

Another great post, not to miss is by Molly of Adventures in Mercy. There are a lot of women blogging about the Bible, but so many of us have our plaints - we view the Bible through the "knothole" of our former misery. Too true, whoever you are who said that!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Whereas some others perhaps view the Bible through their keyholes of perceived rectitude or unperceived dominance. It is fascinating to be on the sidelines of this conversations and I will try to link to it soon ... time time time ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Suzanne.
Your regular (if usually silent) reader,
Molly

udernation said...

It has been a great dialogue, Suzanne. Thank you very much.

I don't think your comment about women blogging about the bible is at all unique to women - I think men view the Bible through the same knothole.

So long as we're all aware of it, it's not an issue. The Bible was supposed to be viewed through the eyes of the oppressed.