- Linda Belleville for demonstrating that one can never, ever be too careful with language data. Her work on Junia was ground breaking but possibly too little read.
- Carol Meyers for writing everything there is to know about women in the Hebrew Bible. I first ran into her ideas in Richard Bauckam's Gospel Women.
- Elizabeth Schussler-Fiorenza for In Memory of Her
- Catherine Booth for being a pioneer of women preaching.
- Karen King for opening the door to a new way of thinking about other religions.
- Elaine Pagels for turning things on their end and giving permission to ask fundamental questions.
- Katherine Bushnell for pioneering the work of challenging male dominated translations.
Mike, thank you very much for starting this meme. Sorry I am a little late.
Post a Comment